This is one of my favorite salads to construct anytime I have the ingredients on hand. A Greek salad is how I think of a truly rustic salad. Fresh tender greens topped with the best Feta cheese and Kalamata olives I can afford makes this a real delicacy.
One day I hope to enjoy a full course of Greek cuisine looking over the Mediterranean sitting in a little outdoor taverna in Santorini. Until then I cook up the tastiest authentic style Greek food as often as I can. I know that I must have some Greek blood running in my veins. If someone says Greek………….I come running! Garlic, oregano, lamb…………ooh la la! I love it all!
A true Greek dressing for a salad of mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, sweet onion, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and mild golden Greek pepperoccini. The fruity olive oil and white wine vinegar make the foundation to this light but very flavorful dressing. The use of an authentic high quality Greek olive oil makes all the difference in how this dressing flavors the salad.
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar until blended. Add all other ingredients and whisk well. Salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately and store remainder in a salad dressing bottle for up to three days in refrigerator. This recipe makes 1 cup.