How versatile this recipe for grilled chicken skewers laden with kielbasa sausage, onions and peppers are. We chose the meat from the leg of the chicken to keep them extra moist and tasty. Yes, I know, but it is worth the time to de-bone the legs so you can say goodbye to dry boring chicken!!!
We kept this recipe so basic that you will not believe how delicious it really is. Go ahead and kick it up if you must with worlds of spice and variety but do yourself a favor and give this recipe a chance to prove how simple but delicious it is.
- 6 chicken legs; skinned and de-boned
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 lb Kielbasa sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Skin and de-bone the chicken. Cut the meat into bite size pieces. Salt and pepper the meat only.
- Cut the onions, peppers and Kielbasa into chunks. Alternating the ingredients, assemble the skewers by placing the chicken into the inside curve of the pepper and onion so the flavor will penetrate the meat.
- Grill over medium coals or broil in oven turning to brown evenly on all sides. Serve with rice pilaf or any desired accompaniment.